DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of Warblington with Emsworth
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we?
The PCC of Warblington with Emsworth is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with the obligations under GDPR by:
• Keeping personal data up to date
• Storing and destroying it securely
• Only retaining personal data that is necessary for our purposes
What do we use your personal data for?
• To administer membership records
• To manage our employees and volunteers
• To maintain our accounts (including processing donations and gift aid)
• To inform you of news, events, fundraising and services running in our parish
• To provide voluntary groups and services for the benefit of the parish
• To arrange and perform church services such as weddings, funerals and baptisms
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Processing is required to comply with our legal obligations such as maintaining accounts and employment records and administering the electoral roll
• Processing is carried out as a legitimate activity between parish members who have regular contact such as keeping lists for church groups
• Processing is required by contractual agreement such as hire of the parish hall
• Processing is carried out by consent such as agreeing that we can contact you about news and events in the parish
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as confidential and will only be shared with other members of the parish for purposes connected with the parish. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and in accordance with the guidance set out on the Church of England website:
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability)
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or the processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
• The right to object to the processing of personal data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose then we will provide you with a new Data Privacy Notice and, where necessary, will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
For any queries relating to this notice, please contact the Data Compliance Officer at the Parish Office, Church Path, Emsworth PO10 7DP or by emailing the parish office.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.